PLATFORM FOR BOOSTING TALENTS AND EXCELLENCES
The Explorers House project ("Casa degli Esploratori"), managed by the Cultural Association Gaetano Osculati in collaboration with public and private partners, takes inspiration from "L'Esploratore" ("The Explorer"): the first foreign affairs newspaper in Italy, originally published in Milan by geographer Manfredo Camperio, between 1877 and 1896.
After moving to La Santa (today Villasanta), a Brianza municipality where a family fund of considerable historical value is still preserved, Camperio decided to put to good use the suggestions of the explorer and fellow citizen Gaetano Osculati: between 1846 and 1848, the naturalist had explored the wild area of Rio Napo and the Amazon River, providing very important information for the development of new commercial businesses and international collaborations.
"L'Esploraratore" was therefore born to present the opportunities linked to the so-called "Commercial Geography", identifying new exchange and development markets for Italy. It became the main Italian newspaper dedicated to this topic. Today its legacy lives on in the "Casa degli Esploratori" project, a platform that aims to raise awareness of Italian excellence and talents, creating economic synergies between the sectors of communication, culture, tourism, commerce and education.